Chris spent the night at his parents house last night so he didn't get to see any of the pumpkin decorating process. It was so cute how excited Delaney was to show the finished product to her Daddy. We had a lot of fun working on this little project and hopefully she gets some more fun homework assignments soon. Although I have a feeling when Delaney gets into "real" school her homework assignments won't be so fun!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Delaney's First Homework Assignment
Sorry for the picture explosion but Delaney had her first homework assignment and we both had a lot of fun working on it. Delaney was sent home with an orange sheet of construction paper with a circle drawn on it. The paper came with a note that said she (with the help of an adult) was to decorate it like a pumpkin. It said we could use anything to decorate but food items.
Delaney and I hit up Michael's last week to pick up some fun supplies to decorate the pumpkin with. Delaney decided first she wanted to paint the pumpkin before we added any decorations to it.
Being the anal person I am I suggested we use only Halloween colors to decorate the pumpkin. Delaney wanted none of that and decided to paint it purple, pink, and green. Then she went to work putting glitter glue all over the pumpkin.
A girl can never have to much glitter so, Delaney just kept adding more and more until the paper was a little saturated and I suggested it was time to stop.
Since our glitter doubles a glue, we decided it was the perfect time to start adding decorations. Delaney started by adding the googly eyes.
Then she moved on to the pompom nose and mouth. Again I suggested using more traditional Halloween colors and again she wanted nothing to do with my suggestions!
Here we are waiting for the pumpkin to dry. We ended up having to let the pumpkin dry overnight since my little friend applied so much glitter glue.
Then I helped Delaney fashion a stem and some vines out of pipe cleaner. And then I with a little help from Delaney attached it with my hot glue gun.
Then here comes the most important part of the pumpkin to Delaney. She was insistent that the pumpkin have feathers. And where she directed me to attach them with the hot glue gun sort of makes the pumpkin look like a turkey. Oh, well she's extremely happy with it.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow, what a pumpkin. Looks like it was really a fun project. Delaney can make me a pumpkin anytime she wants.
That is a very festive pumpkin. I especially enjoy the feathers. Good job Delaney, it is beautiful.
Post a Comment