Wednesday, April 1, 2009

29, ugh!




So I turned 29 yesterday. I don't mean to offend anyone who is older than me and reading this blog but I feel really old all of a sudden and I don't like it!

My nice husband spoiled me with a lot of great presents, like a fancy new camera and the cute bathing suit that Delaney picked out for me and I posted about here.

Dakota was even nice and got me a gift card to Victoria's Secret since she's a naughty dog and likes to eat my underwear. And it's a good thing she did because I came home from dropping off Delaney at school yesterday to find 2 pairs of underwear shredded in pieces in my hallway. Not good!

Delaney was nice and gave me the new Disney DVD, Bolt. Then as soon as I was done opening presents, she stole the DVD and went down the hall to watch it by herself. I guess my party wasn't as cool as Chris's birthday party last month and she had to retire early from boredom.

All in all I had a great birthday. I'm just a little sad this will be my last year in my 20's.

3 comments:

Princess Heather said...

I am not at all offended by your comment :).

I know what you mean, although 29 wasn't the year that I started to feel old, we all have our time when that happens I think. For me it depends on the day, but I think I really started to think of myself as older when I saw some pictures of myself at your house after Delaney was born and I noticed wrinkles around my eyes. Horrors.

Other than that I mostly feel like an 18 year old maturity wise, and maybe an 60 year old in my right knee, and maybe an 80 year old when I try to put the cereal box in the fridge.

I am glad you had a nice day though, and I am happy to see you wearing the shirt I sent you. You look very cute. As does Miss Delaney and Dakota.

Melissa Too said...

Enjoy 29!! I can tell you from experience that 30 is a bit more rough- sorry about the bad news :)

And I have to say, I can't really blame Delaney for stealing your movie, it also happens to be my new favorite movie too!! I made Tim and my mom and Mike watch it with me just the other day- Tim said he really liked it though.

Grandma Barb said...

I don't know what any of you are complaining about as far as age. None of you even have a clue as to what old age is! I think that 40 was the hardest for me and of course, some of you (no names mentioned) tried to convince me that I was really old when I hit
60. It's all relative anyway and if you consider the alternative it's just not so bad afterall. Glad that you had a great birthday.