Saturday, April 18, 2009

What's That?

It's the sound of SILENCE.


That's right friends, I am home alone. Well, Dakota's here but other than that I'm alone.


Delaney is on Spring Break this week and decided to go spend some time Grandma Barb and Grandpa Don. And last night Chris went to a concert with his Dad, so he spent the night at their house too.


It's been hard but Dakota and I have managed to hold the fort down around here.


So just in case you were wondering here's what I did over the past few days...



First I got caught up on the 90210 episodes that had somehow piled up on my DVR.


Then I ran some errands. I went to my favorite store and was actually able to try on clothes in the dressing room. I didn't actually find anything to buy but going into an actual dressing room with Delaney is a disaster so I avoid it all costs.


After my shopping excursion I got my hair trimmed and I got some layers cut in it. I'm not super happy with how the layers look right now because the layers always have to grow out a bit before I like them. Therefore I won't be sharing any pictures today. I don't really think it's a bad haircut, I just need to give it a week or so to grow on me!

Then I planted my garden. I guess one of the perks of being married to a farmer is that I get really nice starter plants for my garden.


Then I painted my toenails with some awesome bright pink nail polish I picked up during my trip to my favorite store mentioned above.




Then I sat down and watched my Twilight DVD from start to finish with NO interruptions. I don't think I ever reviewed the movie on my blog yet but I liked it. I know it's not a theatrical masterpiece or anything but I liked it and will watch it again (and again...).



And then I took a bubble bath. Again with NO interruptions. It was pure bliss.




Then I watched some shows on TV that Chris usually won't watch with me like home decorating shows on HGTV...




Then after all this relaxing bliss, I went to sleep for the evening. And Dakota decided to lay in our laundry room and howl ALL NIGHT LONG because her Dad was "missing." Luckily we'll all be back together again tonight so Dakota won't keep me up with her shenanigans again this evening.



And even though I've had fun by myself lately, I have sort of missed these two...


5 comments:

Grandma Barb said...

I think that your little friend has missed you too. She keeps asking me when you're going to get here and has been writing you notes and coloring you pictures and leaving them all over the house. Now, if I could just get her dressed for the day she could go out and play. That didn't stop her yesterday and she rode her scooter up and down the street dressed in her PJ's and didn't want to change.

Melissa said...

I was thinking Delaney might not even miss me because Chris said she didn't really seem to pay much attention to him when he got to the house last night.

Grandma Barb said...

I think that she was avoiding Chris because she had just had a slight accident in her pants and wasn't really talking to anyone at that point.

Melissa said...

I totally understand. Delaney avoids Daddy like the plague whenever she has an "accident."

Princess Heather said...

Melissa, your day sounds heavenly. And even though I live by myself I would still love a day where I could just do anything I wanted. I seem to have to do some sort of thing for work every day. And even if I don't have work to do, I am fretting about work. I guess that's what they make xanax for. :) Anyway, Bravo! I am glad you liked Twilight. I have to admit I like it more every time I see it. Here's hoping that New Moon is even better.