Saturday, April 25, 2009

Chuck E. Cheese's

So for the past 3 years I have been avoiding taking Delaney to Chuck E. Cheese. I'm a germaphobe and didn't really want to deal with her playing on all the germy stuff in there because I am crazy and believe all these internet rumors I have read about about kids getting the Chuck E. Cheese flu. But I couldn't avoid it any longer since we got invited to a birthday party there by one of Delaney's little friends from school.

So here are some pictures from Delaney's first trip to Chuck E. Cheese this afternoon. She of course, thought it was the greatest place on earth. And lucky for me this Chuck E. Cheese didn't have one of those nasty ball pits like the one I remember playing in at Chuck E. Cheese when I was little.

Here's Delaney, riding a giant rocking horse...
Here she is again, getting very excited to see the dancing automated Chuck E. Cheese...
Taking a Cruise with Chuck E. Cheese...


And last but not least, meeting the "real" Chuck E. Cheese...

And I promise her pants aren't as obnoxious in person as they look in this picture.

In addition to this we also got introduced to the world of skee ball and all the other arcade style games in Chuck E. Cheese. Unfortunately now that Delaney has been exposed to this to fabulous germ filled establishment we'll have no choice but to go back since she thinks it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Oh, and for those of you who were wondering, she behaved really well at the birthday party. And she didn't even try to open to the birthday girl's presents for her.

And yes I am crazy and I attacked Delaney with some hand sanitizer as soon as we got in the car to go home. Hopefully the hand sanitizer will keep the Chuck E. Cheese flu away and I can focus all my hypochondria on something else like the new swine flu.


2 comments:

Grandma Barb said...

Sounds like Delaney had a great time. We'll have to keep well away from the arcade at Catalina now that she is aware of such places. She'd love that one; but everything there costs money! Maybe we can convince her that Chuck E. Cheese is a place that you only go to for birthday parties.

Princess Heather said...

I love Skee Ball. It's been forever since I played it. Maybe Delaney and I can have a match next time I see her.