Saturday, February 28, 2009

Birthday Recap...

I think Chris had a great birthday yesterday and here is a small recap of the party Delaney planned.

First, Delaney waited somewhat patiently all day for her Daddy to get home from work. She was ready and waiting for him to open presents as soon as he walked in the door. Too bad that fun activity had to be delayed for awhile because Dakota had other plans and thought it was time for Daddy to take her retrieving as soon as he walked in the door.

Finally we got around to opening presents. Delaney claimed the biggest present as hers and taped the card she got Chris right on the top! That gift was a big hit with Chris. It was a case of McClintocks salsa. We haven't been to Pismo in 6 months, so we haven't been able to pick up any of their salsa for Chris lately. This has been a huge tragedy because their salsa is a staple in our house. Chris eats it on everything! It's a good thing the nice people at McClintock's have online ordering.
After the present opening, Delaney and Chris posed for a picture in front of all the decorations she put up!
Then we moved onto party games. Daddy and Delaney played the Wii for a little while. I'm sort of embarrassed to admit this online but Delaney is getting really good at playing Big Brain Academy on the Wii.
Then came time to have cake and ice cream. The only problem is that Chris informed me a day or two before his birthday that he didn't really want a cake or ice cream. I knew this wouldn't fly with "the party planner," so I had to come up with Plan B. So,we made Chris's favorite cookies and brownies instead.

We decided to try something new and made these Ghiradelli Ultimate Fudge brownies. They are a brownie with fudge glaze over the top.

I didn't actually try the brownies last night but Chris told me, they were excellent.

And here's Chris's favorite cookie, the Hersey Kiss Peanut Butter cookie.

That isn't one of the actual cookies I made, I just stole that picture off the internet since I forgot to take a picture of them!

Now onto the main event. Here are Daddy and Delaney blowing out the candles on his birthday brownies. At this point in the evening Delaney was so tired I think she thought that it was a cake and forgot that we made brownies instead!

If you look to the right in that picture, you can see that the Care Bears made a surprise appearance at the party. And if you look in real close you can see that Chris got special pirate candles on his birthday brownies.

After blowing out the candles, "the party planner" had a few small meltdowns and refused to go to sleep for fear of missing something fun at the party. So here she is before retiring for the evening, taking a rest with Daddy.
And thanks everyone for all the calls, and Birthday wishes you sent Chris yesterday. I think he really appreciated it!

1 comment:

Grandma Barb said...

Looks like a great party. Delaney can plan one for me anytime! Also glad that Chris now has a supply of salsa once again. Don was very sorry that he couldn't call Chris bright and early on his birthday as is his normal birthday tradition! Glad that the celebration all came together perfectly. Decorations are great too.