If you haven't checked out the website for Earth Hour you should.
On March 28, 2009 at 8:30pm everyone is urged to turn off their lights for 1 hour in support of global warming. In the past over 50 million people in over 64 countries have participated in this neat event.
You should check out their website and if you are interested in turning off your lights for Earth Hour you can register to be counted.
PS I bet your surprised the wife of a someone who doesn't believe in global warming would post this on her blog...

5 comments:
I'm so glad you did, even if Chris isn't! Does he really not believe it or does he just say that to get a reaction from people- Tim does that sometimes and it drives me crazy! It's kinda hard to pretend it doesn't exist with all the scientific evidence out there! Good for you for posting this!!
I think Chris chooses to believe all the scientific evidence that "proves" there is no such thing as global warming. He's kind of wacky.
I'm glad that you posted this too. I remember seeing the picturs last year and it was amazing. Wonder if our ship will take part in turning off some of their lights too. Went to a lecture yesterday on the health of the Barrier Reef and Global Warming was one of the main topics; but I don't think that the lecturer fully believes in Global Warming though and thinks that it's just a big cycle! Was interesting though.
Chris also believes that it's all just one big cycle and not really global warming. Although in college it seems like we were taught both theories, so I'm sure that's were he came up with us opinion.
I believe in the cycles too, but there is plenty of scientific evidence to prove that even the cycles within the cycles are showing significant signs of global warming.
My theory is this, even if there is no global warming, is it really that bad of an idea to be kinder to the planet?
Bravo for posting this, I too remember this event from last year and it was sooo cool.
Post a Comment