Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Makings of a Great Party...

In her own mind, Delaney is a birthday party expert. And since her Daddy's birthday is tomorrow, she has been planning his celebration for weeks.

According to Delaney a party needs:

1. Balloons

2. Party Hats

3. Streamers

4. Presents

5. Cake

and last but not least

6. Friends

So Delaney has been decorating away to make Chris's big day special tomorrow. Check out her handy work:


Since this picture was taken from a distance you can't quite see the handy work and efficiency in her decorating. Here are some more up close examples of her hard work:



And these decorations are only a small part of the decorations, she has put up all over the house. Her personal favorite is this pirate Happy Birthday banner we picked up the Dollar Store.

According to Delaney's list the only things missing from our celebration so far, are birthday hats and a cake. But those are coming tomorrow on his real birthday.

So until tomorrow rolls around, Delaney will be passing the time playing her best friend...

And yes, I know this a terrible picture. But trying to get these 2 to stand still next to each long enough to take a picture is like pulling teeth!

3 comments:

Princess Heather said...

Fun! I enjoy the streamer placement. I wish she could decorate for my next birthday.

By the way, I will not be at all offended if Chris wants to return his present. I was buying some baby clothes for my boss who has a new baby girl at home and I saw some shirts (not in the baby department) that I thought looked like they would be nice and breathy for him at work. But then I got home and I was thinking that I don't even know what kinds of things he wears to work, so he may hate them.

Melissa said...

Your package for Chris came today but I put it aside for him to open tomorrow. And he's not super picky about clothes so I'm sure he'll like what ever you picked out!

Grandma Barb said...

Looks like you're going to have quite a celebration. Sorry we're going to miss it; but thanks for sending pictures so we can feel like part of the party!