Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dad's Day

Today was Dad's Day at Delaney's pre-school. I think they hold Dad's Day on Saturday for all those normal Dad's who don't work on Saturday, unlike Chris. Anyways, Chris managed to break away for the farm for a few hours to attend.

Now since I am in charge of making a Yearbook for Delaney's class I also had to attend Dad's Day to take pictures for the Yearbook. This did not go over well with Delaney and her Dad because apparently it's not cool for your Mom/Wife to show up at Dad's Day. So I had to drive separately because Delaney was insistent that she had to ride in her Dad's big truck to go to Dad's Day and that I had to drive in my own car (I was also warned to stay away from her once I got to school). All in and all I think the day went well since I pretended not to know Delaney and Chris.

Here's Delaney painting Daddy's hand so that he could make a hand print...

Here are Daddy and Delaney playing with toys during their free play time...

Here are Daddy and Delaney during circle time...

And here are Daddy and Delaney on their way to the playground. They got to share a snack and eat it on the playground. I think their snack was some kind of chex type mix which Delaney picked over and let Chris eat the leftovers.

Daddy and Delaney trying out the see-saw...


Daddy and Delaney playing on the swings...


And last but not least here is the artwork Delaney made for Daddy in class last week. On the left is a picture that Delaney drew of Daddy. And on the right is some information Delaney filled in about Daddy. According to Delaney, Chris is 2 years old, he has brown hair, he likes to eat turkey and likes to take her to the park in his free time...

I'm not sure it's just me but Chris kind of resembles a monster to me in this picture. It looks like he has 1 giant eye and a really big set of lips.

2 comments:

Grandma Barb said...

Looks like a really fun day at school for Delaney and Chris. Glad that you're doing the yearbook so that you had to be there to take a few pictures so that the rest of us could see them. I'm sure that Delaney liked riding in Daddy's big truck almost as well as attending school with him too.

Princess Heather said...

I wrote a long comment and it somehow got lost in cyber space. I will keep this one brief. These pictures are super cute, and I think Delaney is a lucky girl that her Daddy could take time off work to go with her. I also like that she thinks Chris is 2. Kids are funny.