Thursday, January 15, 2009

More Proof That I Am Crazy....

So we have had 3 minor earthquakes in the last 24 hours, and they have brought out the crazy person in me...

I started my day by going grocery shopping and while I was in the store I worried that we would have another earthquake and I would be hit by falling cans of tomato sauce. Then as I was trying to leave the store I bought a ton of bottled water just in case we have another earthquake. And the worst part is that I didn't need all the bottled water that I just bought because I already have quite a large stash of it my garage just in case we have an earthquake or some other random natural disaster.

Oh well, I guess it's good to be prepared.

And you want to know what's the craziest thing of all that I did today? I hit up the Target After Christmas 75% Off Toy Clearance Sale to buy a bunch of toys to save for Delaney's birthday (which is still months and months away). Why is this crazy you ask? Because most people know I spend a good deal of my day complaining about the amount of toys that Delaney has and how I wish I could just get rid of them. So what do I do? I go and buy more. Logic is obviously not one of my strong suites today.

1 comment:

Princess Heather said...

I don't think you are crazy at all. I also think about these things, especially since they have been predicting a major earthquake in Utah ever since I moved here.
Also, I think someday I might get snowed in. Which is also ridiculous since Utahn's don't believe in letting snow stop you from anything. I think about how even though I don't ever want to use my fireplace (dirt issues), that I should still go get some firewood and lug it up my 3 flights of stairs, just in case, I get snowed in.

And if you wanted to start rotating out some of Delaney's toys, I bet there are some great organizations that could use them. And then when she gets all her new fun toys for her birthday, they will be that much sweeter.