Thursday, January 1, 2009

My New Year's Resolution...

Okay, I think New Year's Resolutions are super corny but I decided to post one here anyways. Maybe if I post it online for the whole world to see, I'll actually try to stick to it (yeah, right!)...

Okay, are you ready for it??? My resolution is to read 24 books this year! According to my Shelfari list I actually read 28 books last year and most of those were from June on. I should be able to read 24, right? That's only 2 a month. I bet you thought I was going to vow to workout or organize my house or something. Those are things that I really should vow to do but I figure why make a New Year's Resolution that I know I won't keep, so I figured I should stick to something I know I can do, like read.




Oh, and I decided to auto post this at midnight just for fun! We all know, that I'll be asleep then instead of actually ringing in the New Year, like a normal person...

2 comments:

Grandma Barb said...

Happy New Year! I like your New Years Resolution too. A couple of years ago, I decided to keep a list of all of the books that I was reading and my comments about them. It really is amazing how many books that I've read and now I can actually go back and see if I've read something instead of buying a book, coming home to read and realizing that I've already read it! I haven't totaled how many I read last year; but the year before that it was in the 80's. Have fun reading.

Melissa said...

Happy New Year to you too! I think I used to read 60-70 books a year before I had Delaney but I don't think she would allow me to read that much anymore. So I thought I'd start low since I do most of my reading while she's asleep! Only I think I am going to aim for reading 25 books now. I added in an extra book because I finished reading a book this morning and didn't know if I should count it since I read most of it in 2008, and finished it the first day of 2009.