Sunday, November 23, 2008

No Christmas Gifts for Me!!! :(


So if you haven't heard what a dingleberry I am, this year I managed to break both the driver side and passenger side mirrors on my Tahoe. I would like to think that now that I have glasses I won't have any more infractions like that but I don't think Chris has that much faith in me. Anyways, truth be known maybe I should be driving a smaller car so I don't have any more issues in the future. But I'll leave that discussion for another day.

Anyways, Chris has been on my case to get the mirrors fixed because it looks super hokey that I am driving around with 2 broken mirrors! But it's sort of hard to take my car into be serviced or worked on with Delaney since taking taking a car seat bound child with you to drop off a car isn't exactly the easiest chore in the world. I would have to take my car seat out of the Tahoe and place it in a rental car so it just seems like a little bit of a hassle to me along with the fact the Delaney requires a lot of wrangling when out in public. I don't want to have to deal with trying to contain her in an auto shop like environment, where I am sure she would be eager to run off and explore while I am trying to fumble with the car seat at the same time. Plus not to mention I knew 2 new mirrors would be super expensive (i.e. way out of my price range at the moment).

Well my nice husband happened to be at a Chevy dealership last week and bought me 1 new mirror (for the driver side since it's a little more important)! Apparently he's some big shot farmer that buys a lot of Chevy's and has them serviced at this dealership, so they gave him a BIG discount. The bad news is that even with the BIG discount, the mirror still cost a small fortune so I only got one. So I will still look hokey cruising around town with 1 broken mirror but I guess that's a lot better than having 2 broken mirrors!

And the good news is, this morning my nice husband installed my new mirror for me. The bad news is that since the mirror cost a small fortune, Chris is claiming I won't be getting any Christmas gifts this year. BOO!

2 comments:

Princess Heather said...

I hate that cars are soo expensive to maintain and fix. I am sorry that you had to buy new mirrors.

When I was in high school I backed up too close to the fence and knocked one of the side view mirrors off entirely. Kevin still, 20 years later, likes to bring that up. Sheesh.

I bought you a gift already. It's not a new mirror, but hopefully you will like it anyway.

Melissa said...

I'm sure Chris will bring up my mirror incident for the next 20 years too especially since I managed to crack both of them within a 6 month time span.

And I'm sure I'll love your Christmas gift. You'll always do a great job at picking out gifts.