Monday, November 17, 2008

Meet Elfie...


This is Elfie, he is our Elf on the Shelf. If you don't know the story of the Elf on the Shelf, feel free to click here.


The Elf on the Shelf is a Christmas tradition. Santa picks certain little girls and boys to adopt an Elf. This Elf is an extra special Santa's helper, his job is to watch over little girls and boys and to report back to Santa whether they have been naughty or nice. Elfie arrived at our house this weekend and set to work watching Delaney. After adopting him and allowing him to live with our family, the first order of business per special instructions from Santa was to give him a name. After thinking for over 24 hours, Delaney finally decided to name him Elfie.


Elfie spends his days watching over Delaney and each night he returns to the North Pole and reports to Santa. After reporting to Santa on Delaney's behavior he rushes back to our house and picks a new place to hide and watch over Delaney for the day. And Delaney's job first thing in the morning is to get up and search the house to discover Elfie's new hiding place.


Delaney is allowed to talk to Elfie and tell him her Christmas wishes. But she must never touch him under strict orders of Santa. Another strict order of Santa is that Elfie is not allowed to respond to Delaney when she talks to him so that he doesn't expose any of Santa's Christmas secrets.


Elfie will continue to live with us through Christmas time. And after Christmas he will return to the North Pole to live with Santa for the rest of the year. And then every November around Thanksgiving, he'll come back into our home to live with our family and keep an eye on Delaney to make sure she's not being a naughty little girl. Hopefully Elfie will help Delaney control her naughty ways and remind her that "Santa is always watching."

6 comments:

Princess Heather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Seriously, I just left my blog open for 30 seconds while I was trying to help Delaney change the game on her little leapstart computer and she deleted all my comments. Crazy!

Anyways, Heather I was trying to tell you I am glad you are back from Disneyland and that you had a great time!

And I'm glad you liked the Toy Story ride. I'll have to keep in mind it's only worth the 30 minute wait!

And I'm sure Delaney will want to meet Tinkerbell but there is no way we are waiting 1 hour and half! We don't wait in that long of lines!

Melissa said...

Hmmm, I wonder if there are any smart people out there that know who to get deleted comments back???

Princess Heather said...

That little stinker. She is computer savvy. :)

Melissa said...

Yes, she is getting to be kind of computer savvy. She was playing a little game where she would click on little things to collect dog bones right before I walked away from my computer to help her with hers. And one of the things she clicks on to collect dog bones is a little trash can, so when I came back to my computer she was so proud of herself that had clicked on my little trash cans on the computer. She just didn't realize the little trash cans delete each comment when I am logged into blogger. She's too smart for her own good sometimes!