Monday, November 3, 2008

Neti-Pot



5 years ago when we were living in the desert and I was suffering from an incredibly dry nose someone suggested I get a neti-pot. While it was always in the back of my mind to buy one, I never did. Fast forward a little while I finally bought one a few days ago. And let me tell you it works great. Now if you don't know what a neti-pot is, it is essentially a nasal irrigater (i.e. it's a teapot looking device that allows you to pour a natural salt/water solution into one of your nostrils and have the solution come out the other side thus cleaning out your nasal passages in the process. See picture below...)



Now the neti-pot does give you sort of a funny feeling while you use it but afterwards I felt great. I have been feeling like I am getting sick this week and the neti-pot helped to get rid of some of the stuffy/congested feeling I was feeling in my head (it's also supposed to work great for sinus infections!). I'm hoping if I continue to use my neti-pot everyday my sinus and allergy problems will also go away.

Anyways, I am sorry if this post doesn't make sense. I also took some cold medicine and am feeling a little loopy!

3 comments:

Princess Heather said...

I have had a neti pot for a couple of years now. Or a year. I can't remember.

I haven't decided if I quite like it or not though, I always feel like I am drowning when I send the water through.

Melissa said...

Yeah, I kind of didn't like that drowning feeling either. And I closed my mouth while I was using it for the first time and couldn't breath. Not good!

Do you think it helps how you feel though if you use it? I've heard you have to use it once a day to really make a difference.

Princess Heather said...

I am sort of a baby, and am afraid to use it. I should really give it chance though and try it every day for a week or something. Especially since I always have sinus issues. Maybe I just need to get used to it.