Talk about a confidence booster, now I feel like I need to go on a diet. (For the record, our table and chair is set is old and we were already aware that whole set needs to be replaced.)Second, yesterday afternoon Delaney and I returned to discover that the wind had lifted up our patio umbrella and sat it down ever so gently on top of our glass patio table top, shattering the glass in a million pieces. Let me tell you how fun it was cleaning up millions of glass shards in 103 degree weather while your daughter and dog just look at you through the sliding glass door as they enjoyed the comfort of our nicely air conditioned house.

So, Delaney and I hit the town this morning and where good Americans and spent a little bit of our Income Tax Economic Stimulus Rebate (or whatever in the world that thing is called) on a new patio table. And I'm sure we'll be in the market for a new kitchen table set soon, too.

1 comment:
Isn't it fun being a homeowner and having such things happen? At least you weren't sitting out under the umbrella! Those kitchen chairs have been pretty rickity for a long time and the table doesn't seem to be much better. Guess it's time for a new one. Too bad that Chris wasn't the one to sit in the chair because then he'd be more willing to give up that great family herloom!
Post a Comment