Friday, May 16, 2008

Our Garden


I've posted before about Delaney's great love of water but I don't think I posted that her love of water carries over to the use of watering cans and hoses. We plant flowers in the front yard every year and Delaney's favorite activity is to go out and water the flowers everyday. So, I decided what better way to give Delaney a lesson about agriculture and vegetables, since they are sort of important to our little family, is to plant our own garden. We will be growing tomatoes and peppers and I'm sure that Delaney will love her new chore of watering the garden. And just so no one out there is thinking those crazy thoughts, that Melissa is probably a good gardener because she has a bachelor's and masters degree in Agriculture, I just want to set the record straight and let everyone know that I do not have a green thumb. So everyone needs to hope and pray that our little garden continues to grow and that Delaney has so much fun growing her own vegetables that she'll actually want to start eating them. But since I am very luckily married to a real live farmer, hopefully he'll keep an eye on Delaney's and my little garden and make sure we do everything correct.

1 comment:

Princess Heather said...

Because I live in an aparment I can't plant a real garden, but I gotta say, my favorite food on earth is fresh from the vine garden tomatoes. I will send happy, happy thoughts towards yours.

I will probably plant my traditional cherry tomatoe pot and then just eat them off the vine as soon as the ripen. Yum.

I can't wait to see you, we are going to have so much fun. We should try and talk them into going to Ariel's grotto for lunch, I think Bailey would really like it. But it is expensive, so maybe not.