As soon as we got home from Michael’s we painted the birdhouse brown. Delaney did all of the painting herself and she really did a good job. The next part of project was to glue on all these little painted wooden Hawaiian/Tiki themed items to the birdhouse to complete the tropical effect. Well in true scatterbrained fashion, I couldn’t find my hot glue gun. After searching for the elusive glue gun for a month, I finally gave in today and bought a new one.
Upon buying the glue gun, Delaney and I returned home to finish our project this afternoon. And just so none of my worrywart family members read this, ahem DAD, I didn’t let Delaney use a glue gun. I did all of the gluing myself with a little direction from Delaney on where to glue her “treasures.”
After it was all said and done I’m pretty proud of how my first joint craft project with a two year old turned out. What matters most though, is that Delaney is extremely proud of how this birdhouse looks and can’t wait to display it in her work-in-progress “Hawaii” room. When Chris got home from work tonight she told him that she thought it was the most beautiful birdhouse, EVER.

4 comments:
That IS the most beautiful bird house I have ever seen. I may have to go to Michael's myself and see if I can find the fixins to make one too. I will probably have the same problem you had though since I can't remember where my glue gun is either. When I move this Summer I need to make a goal to organize a craft tub or something. Of course it will probably just get dusty like my scrapbook tub, but at least I will know where my glue gun is.
I agree! This is, without a doubt, the most BEAUTIFUL birdhouse that I've ever seen. You may have a budding artist yet, even though I've come to the conclusion that she is a very messy artist! Guess it goes with the territory. She can make me a birdhouse anytime.
You know you two have birthdays coming up. Delaney just may have to go in the birdhouse making business pretty soon.
Delaney can make me a bird house anytime! She tried to describe it to me; but her description wasn't exactly what you picture here. Maybe she was describing her next attempt! I'm sure that if she made another one, she wouldn't want to give it away though!!
Post a Comment