
This is a picture of Chris wearing a vintage Primo beer shirt on the beautiful shores of Kaanapali Beach on Maui. I kid you not this mustard yellow and orange beauty is one of the most treasured possessions in Chris’ wardrobe. For those of you who aren’t beer connoisseurs, Primo was a Hawaiian beer started in 1898 by the Honolulu Brewing & Malting Company. Primo was brewed for 100 years and somewhere around 1997-1998 production on the beer stopped.
Apparently Chris’ Dad, who is the King of all Beer Connoisseurs, bought this shirt on vacation in Hawaii in the 1970’s. Many years later Chris’ Dad decided to get rid of t
his shirt. Chris immediately snapped the shirt up and it’s been in his closet ever since. You may be wondering why Chris’ Dad would choose to get rid of such a gem of a shirt but I think it may have something to do with the fact that the shirt has a rip in the back. But then again who knows, because Chris doesn’t seem to have a problem wearing a tattered shirt. This shirt has lead Chris to have somewhat of a Primo beer obsession which is funny because I think Chris’ last visit to Hawaii before the end of the Primo beer era was before he was old enough to drink. I myself have threatened to the throw the shirt out on occasion because it sort of embarrasses me that he wears it in public complete with a tear in the back. Luckily I am only kidding I would never throw out the shirt; Chris considers it a “family heirloom.” On to bigger and better things, Primo beer is now being made again and is available in the state of Hawaii. You have no idea how happy this makes my husband! Seriously every evening this week Chris has mentioned that he can’t wait to get back to Hawaii so he can drink Primo beer while sitting on the lanai (aka known as a patio/balcony for those of you not fluent in Hawaiian). Hopefully the beer lives up to the hype for him because I believe the new Primo beer is a variation of the old formula so who knows if it even tastes the same. But since the beer is made with pure sugar cane grown on Maui, Chris thinks that it will taste great. As for me, I probably won’t even try the Primo beer. Somebody has to stay sober and keep Chris in line.
Stay tuned for pictures of Chris wearing the tacky Primo beer shirt while drinking a Primo beer in Hawaii this fall. It just may be the highlight of this year’s trip to Maui for him.

1 comment:
As soon as Chris's Dad hears about the rebirth of Primo beer, he'll be right in line for a taste too! Who knows, he may even want his shirt back. You know, it probably could be mended if the tear bothers you. I guess that the fact that it's in the back, Chris doesn't realize that it's there!
Loved Delaney's new surfboard too. Her room must be starting to come together now.
Post a Comment