Monday, March 2, 2009

Taking a Walk on the Wild Side...

I don't know if I've mentioned this before but I have a huge dislike of duvet covers.

My down comforter gets all bunched up inside my duvet cover and I wake up shivering in the middle of the night because the down comforter has shifted inside the duvet cover to cover only Chris's side of the bed. My sister-in-law, Melissa told me about these comforter clips that go inside you duvet cover to keep the comforter from moving around but I figured at this point in time I am already so fed up with my duvet cover, I can't learn to like it again.

So I decided to take drastic measures, I decided even though my comforter clips were working fine, I still needed new bedding. I needed to get rid of my pesky duvet cover and go back to a regular old bedspread. Then I realized I had some gift cards, and coupons from Macy's. I figured out that if I stuck to a certain price range, I could practically get the comforter for free and not have to spend any actual money on it after I used up all my gift cards and coupons.

Now, I have been down the road of getting new bedding with Chris before and he is very picky and has strict rules. It's not a very fun process because the bedding can't be floral or feminine at all. And that pretty much rules out 95% of the bedspreads on the market. In addition to Chris's criteria I needed it be chocolate brown to match the rest of the stuff of our room and in a certain price range (i.e. cheap).

After searching Macy's, I decided that I sort of liked this set...


It's got chocolate brown in it, no flowers and was in my price range. I figured the zebra print can be considered slightly manly, right?!?

Needless, to say Chris wasn't too "WILD" about the zebra print bedding. But that's okay because I like it and I think it's a nice change.

Plus bedding, doesn't really last long around our house thanks to our 100 plus pound dog. By this time next year I'll probably be in the market for a new bedspread again thanks to my furry friend.

But speaking of Dakota, she loves the new bedspread and I guess that's all that matters! And maybe one day Chris will learn to like it too...



Plus she sort of just blends in to it like camouflage.

1 comment:

Princess Heather said...

Dakota looks very innocent in this picture. I do like how she matches so nicely. I think the bedspread is quite nice.