Monday, September 29, 2008

Pumpkins Galore! (and more Halloween decorations...)

Here is the bounty that we came home from the pumpkin farm with... (notice the turban pumpkin I picked out at the bottom - no one seemed to like it but me! )


And I don't think I posted about this before but, my silly husband somehow lost 2 big boxes of my Halloween decorations. I have been feeling a little down about the lack of decorations around the house, but I am now happy to report that things are turning around because I got some new decorations to add to the mix this weekend.

Check out vampire Mickey, he's Delaney's new favorite....




The new Happy Halloween banner with the pumpkin family as Delaney likes to call them. She keeps telling everyone the big pumpkin is named Daddy, the medium one is named Mommy and the small one is named Delaney. (Too bad I took the picture crooked, oops!)



And last but not least the "Boo" pumpkins.



And as you can see their is no real point to this post. I am in charge of creating a digital yearbook for Delaney's pre-school class so I was taking pictures of my decorations this weekend and then adjusting them in photoshop to practice with before I have to make the actual yearbook. So this post really is just a work in progress of my photo-editing skills (which at this point are pretty non-existent and need a lot of work!).

3 comments:

Princess Heather said...

I need a pumkin just like that green one. I loves it.

Grandma Barb said...

You're going to love the new things that I just figured out that Photoshop can do! You may not even want to use the yearbook software that you got and just go on your own. Looks like you made a haul at the pumpkin patch. I don't have any pumpkins yet and don't really want to buy them at the grocery store. Might have to visit Charlie Brown at the pumpkin patch one of these days!

Melissa said...

Heather,
I love green pumpkins too! I always pick one out every year as my special pumpkin. I have actually heard that green ones like that are the best tasting to use for pumpkin pies and breads but I have never actually had the desire to put that theory to the test. Although one year after Halloween I cut one open and was surprised to find out that they are bright orange in the inside.

Barb,
I can't wait to see what you have to show me! Maybe I'll have to pay you do the yearbook for me!! Oh, and Delaney has volunteered herself to accompany you to pumpkin patch anytime you want to go! She keeps walking around the house saying the pumpkin patch is my favorite. When are we going back?