Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ick....

At Delaney's pre-school orientation meeting last month they informed us that as a child starts school for the first time they will be worn out and probably even get sick due to the introduction to all sorts of new germs. So, here we sit 2 weeks into the school year and Delaney has been vomiting for 2 days. Not fun! They didn't mention throw up at the orientation, I was just expecting a little runny nose, maybe a small cough. I wasn't planning on cleaning up vomit all day. I think I may have to make Chris pick up some take out on his way home from work because I have a feeling I won't feel like cooking tonight.

Okay, that's enough of me complaining because I really do feel bad for my little girl. I hate it when she's sick and there isn't much I can do for her except to try to make her as comfortable as possible. And hopefully this bug passes soon because trying to encourage an extremely active 3 year old to rest is somewhat of a challenge.

Oh, and a word to the wise... if you are ever standing near Delaney and she says "I'm okay" you should run for cover. "I'm okay" translates into "I'm really not okay and I'm about ready to throw up all over anything in a 5 foot radius of me".

1 comment:

Grandma Barb said...

Oh, do I know about that! I probably have the honor (?) of being the first to be vomited on by Delaney! Do hope that she's feeling better though. It's no fun being sick when you really want to be outside playing and can't understand why Mom is so mean and making you stay inside! :-)