Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Disneyland 2011

Last Wednesday, Chris, Kylie and I met Grandma Barb, Grandpa Don and Delaney at Disneyland.

Yes, that's right..Kylie took her first trip to Disneyland at 7 weeks old.

We had a blast and here is a picture overload of our adventures.


The first ride Kylie went on was It's a Small World and she loved it. She kept trying to get a better look at everything.

(I'm not really sure why Kylie looks like a little old man with no hair in this picture.)


After It's a Small World, Kylie and I took a break while the others rode another ride. Kylie was a very happy baby at this point.


Delaney enjoyed riding all her favorite rides and seeing the sights at both Disneyland and California Adventure.




 Delaney also got to meet Sully from Monsters Inc.


At California Adventure, we rode some more of Delaney's favorite rides like Francis the Ladybug and the Bumper Cars.




Then we met up with Mickey Mouse.


Kylie wasn't so sure about meeting Mickey. She cried.


We also met up with Pluto.



Then Delaney got her face painted to look like Marie from the Aristocats.



Later that evening, we had dinner at Goofy's Kitchen with Cousin Brian.

I tried to talk Delaney out of getting her face painted earlier so she wouldn't have a painted face in all the Goofy's Kitchen pictures but it didn't work. Luckily she looks pretty cute with her face painted.


We met up with Pluto again.



We saw Chip and Delaney showed him, her Chip and Dale sweatshirt.


And we even ran into the Fairy Godmother.


Our last day at Disneyland, we got some rain. But we just covered Kylie's stroller with a poncho and threw on our rain jackets and were good to go.

Oh, and I have a thick sweatshirt on under my jacket, so that's why I look so hefty. I realized I still need to lose a lot of baby weight after looking at these pictures, so I feel the need to point out why I look extra fluffy in this picture.


We ate yummy corn dogs in the rain.


And we watched some Mardi Gras celebrations in New Orleans Square.


 Kylie met up with Goofy while Delaney was on a ride.


And that evening we had dinner at Tortilla Jo's. The balloon guy made Chris this special birthday hat since his 35th birthday was just a few days away.


And after dinner at Tortilla Jo's, we went to Build a Bear. Delaney made the brown bear on the left for Kylie and the white bear for herself. Both of the bears are Disney bears. The brown bear has Mickey shapes on his ears and the white bear has Mickey shaped spots all over his body and a Mickey Mouse shaped nose.


And before we knew it, it was time to head home. Due to a very cold storm, there was a lot of snow on the Grapevine. You don't see this much snow in Southern California very often.


And we even discovered some snow on the hills by our house once we got home.


And since Kylie loved It's a Small World so much, I was so excited to discover that Nordstrom's just released a line of Disney's It's a Small World baby products yesterday. Part of the proceeds on these items will be donated to organizations like UNICEF.

I think Kylie needs this little shirt!
I just wish it wasn't so pricey!


Stay tuned for pictures of Chris' 35th Birthday Celebrations!

And to see more Disneyland pictures and pictures of Delaney's trip to Catalina, be sure to check out Grandma Barb's blog!!!




3 comments:

Princess Heather said...

Fun pictures. It looks like everyone had a good time.

I love that little shirt, it looks like the kind of thing a really nice aunt could buy for an Easter gift. And by really nice aunt, I mean me.

Melissa said...

I knew you would like that shirt Heather. I just think it's kind of pricey, seeing they only donate $3 of the proceeds to Unicef.

Melissa said...

Oh, and Heather... I don't know if you noticed in the picture with the Build A Bear's Kylie has on the elephant outfit you gave her. I love it and she has worn it several times already. Thanks again!