Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bedtime Stories & All Dressed Up...

I've posted a lot about Delaney and Kylie's morning ritual but I don't think I have ever posted about the night time ones. Every night I read Delaney books in bed. And if Kylie's awake she comes in too and lays in Delaney's bed and listens. Delaney lays down a big pink Princess Belle blanket for Kylie to rest on (one time Kylie spit up all over Delaney's bed so Delaney lays down the blanket to prevent that from happening again). Then Delaney reads a story or two to Kylie and then I read a few stories to them before it's time for bed.

In this picture Delaney isn't really reading a book but she's showing Kylie the photobook Grandma Barb made her of their trip to San Fransisco Zoo. And she is telling Kylie all about the animals.


Kylie absolutely loves to listen to Delaney talk. She just lays there looking at Delaney and smiles most of the time.


And then last night Chris and I had to go to fancy "black tie optional" dinner in Monterey. (Grandma Peggy and Grandpa Harry were nice enough to come down and watch the girls)

Here we are all dressed up before we left...


I'm not sure what I did in Photoshop but I made my face look really brown and right now I'm too lazy to go back and fix it. And yes, I still need to lose some baby weight.


The dinner we went to was really nice. And a they had a great key note speaker, Bubba Paris who played for the 49er's in the 1980's when they won all the Super Bowls.

And he was even nice enough to take a picture with Chris at the end of the evening.


It was a fun night but I stayed up way past the normal time I go to sleep lately. So now I'm a little tired today.

3 comments:

Princess Heather said...

I think you look great. Very, very pretty!

Grandma Barb said...

Wow, both you and Chris clean up nicely! It's fun to get out now and then too. Did Chris tell Bubba that he'd seen him perform with BB&C and that he used to be our neighbor?

Melissa said...

Barb,
Chris did mention BB&C to him but I don't know if he told how he used to live down the street from him too.