
I have tons of tomatoes hanging on the vine, yet they are all still green. And they have been green forever! I don't think they are ever going to turn red.
The farmer has informed me that it's been too cold this summer and that's why my tomatoes aren't doing as well as I hoped.
In fact the only thing that is thriving in my garden this year are the jalapenos. And to be honest although I like jalapenos, I don't really need an abundance of them in my garden.
I had a similar problem last year with a less than stellar garden and now I wonder if it's even worth the effort to plant another garden next summer. At the rate we're going it will be October before our tomatoes are ripe enough to eat.
Sigh... Hopefully someone reminds me next spring that this whole garden thing doesn't really seem to be worth the trouble.

1 comment:
Fresh vine ripened tomatoes in October sounds like a real treat to me! Usually they're all gone by then. Of course, if it does finally warm up then they'll probably ripen quickly. Don't give up on your garden. It does look pretty, even with green tomatoes.
Post a Comment