Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Start of the Birthday Season



Delaney and I went up to Yuba City last Thursday to visit with family and to attend a baby shower. Delaney lucked out and got to have two early birthday parties while we were there. Since I have a lot of pictures to share, I figured I would break this up into two posts. This first post will have pictures of the party that Delaney had last Thursday with Grandpa Harry, Grandma Peggy, Great Grandma Nancy, Aunt Mary Ann and Uncle Steve.

We started the party off by enjoying some pizza.




Then we opened some presents.

Aunt Heather was unfortunately stuck in Utah and couldn't make the party but sent her gift with Aunt Mary Ann. Heather gave Delaney one of the new FrogOSphere's from Brookstone. Delaney thinks the FrogOSphere is the greatest gift ever. The FrogOSphere is a self-contained, self-cleaning ecosystem with 2 mini frogs. And the best part is the frogs only need to be fed twice a week and the tank only needs to be cleaned twice a year.

Delaney has named her two new little friends Fluff and Zoe, and she can sit and watch them for hours.




As you can tell from the picture above, it's hard to get a picture of the frog tank with out a reflection.



And this isn't the greatest picture but you can kind of see one of the frogs at the bottom of the tank. And don't worry I already have a plan in place for who will take care of these little guys when we aren't home.

And here are some shots of Delaney checking out some of her other gifts...





Then we enjoyed some cake. Every time we go to Yuba City to celebrate Delaney's birthday we get her a little dog cake made out of two cupcakes from Wal Mart. She loves these little cakes and looks forward to eating it on her birthday each year.




Now stay tuned for pictures of the fun baby shower we went to and Delaney's second birthday party.

P.S. Thanks to my Aunt Mary Ann for some of the pictures in this post!!!

1 comment:

Princess Heather said...

Yay for Fluff and Zooey. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I kind of wish I had a frog eco sphere myself now. I did have a tiny frog once, his name was Ethan, after Tom Cruise's character in Mission Impossible. He lived a long time actually. So long live Fluff and Zooey.