Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer Necessities

I know I normally tend to do posts about items I want to buy but to be different I decided to do a post on items I already have and can't live without this summer. So with out further ado here are my Summer Necessities...

To survive summer you need a great pair of sandals. I think I have posted about them before but Rainbow sandals are great. They are a little on the ugly side but they are so comfy...


And when I'm not wearing my Rainbows, I still find time to break out my trust Reef flip flops.

You also need a great book to read to survive the summer. I'm usually a fan of trashy beach reads but I do break out of that mold on occasion. Right now I am reading The Help, by Kathryn Stockett.



This is seriously one of the best books I have read in a long time. I think it's going to become a classic someday.

You also can't survive summer without a good refreshing drink. We drink lots of ice water around here, although Delaney's and mine absolute favorite drink is lemonade!!!




And seriously, what is summer without ice cream???

This summer, Delaney and I have become huge fans of the new miniature Nestle drumsticks, Lil Drums. They are so cute and fit in the palm of your hand.

And at 150 calories, they are a nice little summer indulgence.


And the last great thing Delaney and I love about summer is vacation. Good thing we will be heading here, soon...



Delaney of course, is ecstatic to spend some more time at the beach before she heads back to school.

2 comments:

Princess Heather said...

I need some of those little drumsticks, but they don't sell them at the grocery store I frequent.

And I will need to check out that book, as soon as I am done with the Lord of the Rings series. They are taking me forever.

Melissa said...

Heather,

You really should check out the book The Help sometime. I just finished it last week and it was such a good book. It was one of the best books I have read in a really long time.