Saturday, April 19, 2008
Merrily, Merrily, Merrily....Life is but a dream......
Yesterday I went to the Urgent Care center here in town to get a TB test done so that I can work in Delaney’s pre-school classroom in the fall. I ended up going there because I found out it was cheaper to go to Urgent Care and pay for the test than to go to my doctor and pay my insurance co-pay. When I went into Urgent Care, it didn't look too crowded so I asked how long the wait was. I was told the wait wasn’t long because you don't actually have to see a doctor. So Delaney and I took a seat in the waiting room and waited and waited and waited. I guess not long to wait to them was 1 hour and 15 minutes. Delaney was so hyper in the waiting room, she was driving me nuts (and I'm sure she was driving some of the other patient’s nuts too). I told her that we needed to be very quiet because there may be people in the waiting room who aren't feeling well and they probably don't want to listen to her talking loudly. Delaney got concerned that all the sick people at Urgent Care needed her help to feel better so she stood in the corner of the waiting room and sang. Unfortunately for the people in the waiting room, God didn't bless Delaney with very many vocal skills. The more I tried to keep her quiet, the longer and louder she kept singing. I was seriously embarrassed. And after she finished another round of the ABC song or Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, she would announce she was singing to make people feel better. Good thing I can go back to have my TB test checked in the late afternoon or evening, because I am going to the leave the aspiring American Idol home with Daddy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment