My sweet angelic daughter just threw a temper tantrum of massive proportions. We went outside to water some plants and Delaney wanted to stay out and play with the hose much longer than I did. When I told her that it was time to go back inside she began to scream hysterically and threw herself down on our concrete driveway. She caused such a scene I'm surprised that our neighbors didn't call Child Protective Services to report for me for abusing her. Embarrassed by the scene she was causing I picked her up and carried her back in the house kicking and screaming. Even though I knew it was a lost cause I put her in time out for her awful behavior. Of course the time out didn't work and Delaney looked at me as she climbed into her big girl bed, crawled under the covers and said "I need a nap. Night Mama." It was like nothing had happened outside and life was back to normal. No less than 5 minutes later she was snoring peacefully. I guess throwing tantrums of massive proportions knocks you out.
So in the middle of her tantrum throwing I decided to give this crazy thing called "blogging" a try. I want to be able to share with my loving friends and family what it's like to live with a crazy 2 year old and my workaholic husband. And since I sort of have a phone phobia, I would much rather post random stories on the internet for the world to see instead of actually picking up the phone to call someone.
And since right now Delaney is snoring away looking so sweet and so innocent I decide to share some pictures taken last month. Pictures like these remind me how much I love her even though just forty-five minutes ago she was behaving like a rabid animal.



2 comments:
Ummm, hello? You are like a professional blogger! I love your template. And I am ecstatic that you have a blog now. I am obsessive about making sure I make the rounds and check all my favorite blogs everyday, and now yours will be my first stop. I miss you all, even if some of you are prone to tantrums. I am too, if the truth be known. Love you.
Heather,
I usually don't admit this but I took an internet/web page building class in college where I had to learn code and build a web page. I don't remember much from the class except how to put a fancy template into a blog. I usually don't tell people about the class because everytime I mention it some computer geek starts talking to me in some foriegn computer language and I have no idea what they are talking about. So I feel I'm a little better off pertending I don't know much about computers.
Post a Comment