Last night, Chris and I caught a red eye flight to Atlanta. Chris came to attend a conference, and I just sort of tagged along.
We spent the day touring the city. Our first stop was the Georgia Aquarium. This is the largest aquarium in the world. It was absolutely amazing. They have so many more varieties of fish than the Monterey Bay Aquarium and they also have dolphins, beluga whales and huge whale sharks!
I wasn't allowed to use my flash in the aquarium, so I don't have any really great pictures to share. But here are a few of Paddington. In case you didn't know Paddington is a bear that travels all over with Grandma Barb and Grandpa Don and reports back to Delaney about his travels. So, Paddington decided to tag along to Atlanta with us!
They have neat decorated dolphins all over the city of Atlanta. Here is Chris and Paddington posing with one of them.
Paddington met several new friends inside the aquarium.
After the aquarium, we went over and toured the World of Coca Cola. Chris and I made a few new friends there, like the Coca Cola polar bear...
We also met this strange lady who is used in some of Coke's new marketing campaigns. I have no idea what she is supposed to be but she reminds me of a finger!
We ended our tour at Coca Cola by getting to sample Coca Cola products from all over the world. They had hundreds of varieties on tap that you could sample. Some of them were surprisingly good like a vegetable based soda and other were just terrible. In fact, one of their products tasted so bad, I felt like I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth all day!
We also spent some time today exploring the Centennial Olympic Park which was the location of the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta.
Then we cruised over to check out the CNN Studios. We were planning on going on a tour of the CNN Studios but for some reason they closed the tours early today. So we will be going back tomorrow to take that tour.
We did get to see on of the armored CNN vehicles that they use in war zones though.
Oh, and Delaney will be happy to see this. We found a Cartoon Network store. And we may have even found a present there to buy for a certain 6 year girl.
And just in case you were wondering Grandma Barb and Grandpa Don are staying at our house with Delaney, Kylie and Dakota while we are gone. We miss our 3 girls a lot but we now they are being well cared for. We are looking forward to going home to see them in a few days!

3 comments:
i like the cartoon network statue and the polar bear
i miss you
love delaney
That finger lady does not make me want to buy more coke. Quite the contrary in fact.
The aquarium looks so nice, I am glad you got to visit. I have heard from several friends how great it is.
Heather,
Chris said the same thing about the finger lady. He wondered what the marketing people where thinking when she was created. :)
Post a Comment