Sorry I haven't updated my blog lately, but I have had terrible luck with the Internet in all the hotels we stayed at.
Last Friday, we had a great time exploring Atlanta. The following Saturday and Sunday, Chris and I had to spend almost the entire time at the PMA (Produce Marketing Association) conference. The PMA Conference was the real reason we went on this trip.
On Saturday morning we went to a fancy breakfast where we had a front row seat to see Billy Dean perform. In case you don't know who he is, he is a country singer who was really popular in the 90's.
For some reason we had quite a few celebrity sightings on this trip. I also saw the country group, Lady Antebellum in the lobby of our hotel.
After the breakfast was over, we had a little time to kill. So we went over and took the tour of CNN that we had tried to take the day before.
CNN is housed in a building called the CNN Center. The bottom floor has retail space and the tops floors are occupied by CNN and all of their other TVstations. To tour CNN, we had to ride this big escalator. It is the largest free standing escalator in the world, meaning the only support it has is at the top and bottom of the escalator. The escalator is over 8 stories tall and takes 3 minutes to ride up.
We got to watch CNN being taped live and we learned all about how a news station operates. We weren't allowed to take any pictures in parts of the tour, like in the area of the live broadcast but we were allowed to take a picture of their huge newsroom.
We also had another quasi celebrity sighting inside CNN. We saw NeNe Leakes of the Real Housewives of Atlanta and Melissa Gorga of the Real Housewives of New Jersey. I don't actually watch either of those shows but shamefully I have a fondness for reading trashy tabloid magazines so I knew exactly who they were!
And then I had my picture taken by the armored news vehicle.
After we finished at CNN, we headed back to the conference we were attending. It was held at the Georgia World Congress Center which is one of the largest conference centers in the United States.
There was a Chick-Fil-A inside and I made a new friend!
And then we come to the real reason, we actually came to the Conference. Chris received an award being a "Rising Star" in the Agriculture industry.
Here is Chris and some other award recipients...
(Sorry but all these pictures are kind of blurry)
Here is Chris getting his actual award.
We are really proud of him for receiving this award.
And just in case you were wondering, there was a dress code at the conference. So that's why Chris and I match!
And then on Sunday we spent some more time at the conference before we caught a flight. Here is Paddington right before we boarded the plane.
Instead of flying home, we flew to Las Vegas for a little vacation. So stay tuned to see those pictures.















3 comments:
I think that escalator might have scared me a little.
Heather,
The don't tell you that about the escalator until you get to the top. They said to many people get scared and don't want to ride it. :)
I think that is very wise of them.
Post a Comment