Delaney has been begging to carve pumpkins since the first of October. We keep telling her that once you carve a pumpkin it doesn't last very long, so we had to wait closer to Halloween.
Last night we finally let her help carve one of our pumpkins. Here are Delaney and Daddy posing with the pumpkin before the big carve.
If you'll notice the pumpkin is sporting some crazy eyes and a pink San Francisco Giants hat before the big carve. (And I don't think I mentioned it yet, but we are super excited our favorite team made it the World Series this year! Yea!)
Delaney and Daddy got right to work getting all the seeds out...
Then Daddy got right to work carving to Delaney's specifications.
And heres' the finished product...
Only the finished product wasn't quite good enough for Delaney. She decided she needed to paint it some to make it the "scariest pumpkin in town".
Ta Da...
The Scariest Pumpkin in Town!
And hopefully Delaney's pink Giants hat will bring them luck to win Game 3 tonight!







2 comments:
Delaney's superb painting really does make that pumkin kind of scary. Good job to Delaney and Chris. I didn't carve one this year, but I saw one I want to try next year. It looked like the Disney Castle. It might be beyond my skillset though.
I think you should try the Disney Castle next year. Only Chris and I tried to be all cool and make a Pirate Ship one year using a pattern and it was definately beyond our skillset.
Post a Comment