Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dad's Day at School

Today was Dad's Day at Delaney's pre-school. Much to Delaney's dismay I had to attend Dad's Day also to take pictures for her class yearbook which I am in charge of. The lighting in Delaney's classroom always causes the pictures to turn out terrible and I am too lazy to attempt to edit them in photoshop this afternoon, so this is what you get.

They started out the day by making hand prints...




Then Delaney showed Dad a little hammer and nail activity that she likes to do in class during her free choice time...



Then they played with some Lego's...



After playing with all the fun toys, they had circle time and got to play on the playground. I left Dad's Day early to keep from further embarrassing Delaney, so my fun pictures end here.

And just in case you would like to see it, here is the artwork Delaney made for Daddy.

According to Delaney her Dad's name is Chris. He is 5 years old and has brown hair. He likes to eat vegetables. And his favorite thing to do is to play with her.


He also likes to play Hide and Seek with her in the backyard. In this picture she even drew the big oak tree in our backyard and her playhouse which are her two favorite spots to hide.

Then after Dad's Day, Chris was feeling generous and offered to take Delaney back to work with him for the rest of the day. I guess Dad's Day must have wore her out because she turned down the offer and told him she was much too tired and needed to come home and rest instead.

And if you want a flashback to last year, CLICK HERE, to read about Dad's Day in 2009.

4 comments:

Grandma Barb said...

Sure looks like a fun day. No wonder Delaney was worn out after all those activities! I was trying to figure out if the hide and seek picture had a giraffe in it, or was that the playhouse? Lots of great pics even though Delaney didn't want you to attend!!!

Melissa said...

I thought it was a giraffe too but apparently it's her playhouse. The part that looks like the long neck of the giraffe is actually the rock climbing wall that is on the front of her playhouse.

Grandma Barb said...

Thanks for the clarification! Her pictures have really advanced over the past year. People actually have more than heads! Hope you've been keeping a few samples of her earlier artwork to compare.

Grandma Peggy said...

Looks likes Chris and Delaney had a great day. It's wonderful to see pictures of them together. She sure has grown in the last year.