Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fun Saturday!

Having a birthday that falls right around the time school starts is sort of difficult. Delaney really wanted to have a birthday party with her friends but we couldn't seem to find a time or date that would work for a party due to Girl Scouts, soccer and other events we have going on this month. I gave Delaney a few options regarding having a birthday party right before her birthday. Her first option was that she could have party this weekend, but since it was Labor Day weekend, people might not be able to attend if they had plans to go out of town. I also gave her option of waiting until the end of September to have a party when our schedule clears up a bit. And well, Delaney didn't seem to like either of those options. So the third option I gave her was to pick something fun to do or somewhere fun to go instead of having a party. And she ended up going with option 3. So Kylie and I spent a fun day with Delaney today at Build a Bear and Chuck E Cheese!

To make the day seem a little more exciting for Delaney, I had Kylie buy her another birthday present and wrap it up and give to Delaney this morning. Since today was "sort of" Delaney's birthday party, I thought it would be a fun surprise for her to get another birthday present.

Here she is showing off her new Monster High Doll...


Then we drove to San Jose and went to Build A Bear. Delaney chose a black and white dog to make and Kylie made a pink bear.




It was sort of difficult to keep an eye on 2 kids by myself in Build a Bear and to try to take photos, so I had to stage a photo shoot of them with their animals after we got home this afternoon.

Delaney named her dog, Sparkle. She chose a leopard print dress for it to wear and sparkly high heeled shoes. And the people at Build a Bear even gave Delaney a free daisy headband to wear that matched the daisy in her dogs hair. (And yes, I thought Delaney's dog was originally a cat but I was wrong. And also since I am out of the loop, I didn't know she's a character designed by the creator Hello Kitty and her name is really Rebecca BonBon.)

 

Kylie who had no interest in having her picture taken again, chose a pink bear with a butterfly costume (or buh-fly as Kylie calls them). In case you didn't know Kylie is obsessed with butterflies (and mermaids) right now. She has several pairs of costume butterfly wings that she pretty much wears non-stop around our house. She also named her bear, "Bear." She's real original, I know. :)


And after we went to Build a Bear, we had even more fun by hitting up the Disney store! Aunt Heather gave Delaney a Disney gift card as part of her birthday present this year. And Delaney used that gift card to buy a Merida doll, which is something she has been wanting all summer. Thanks Aunt Heather!


After our trip to Build a Bear and the Disney store, we hit up Chuck E. Cheese. Delaney and Kylie had a blast eating terrible tasting pizza, riding the rides and playing the games.




And Delaney and Kylie even danced with Chuck E. Cheese to earn free tickets!


We had a fun time continuing Delaney's birthday celebration today. And now we are all wiped out. Hopefully both girls go to bed early tonight!

1 comment:

Princess Heather said...

What fun! Love the Merida doll too. I really liked Brave, I am glad Delaney likes it too.