Thursday, September 13, 2012

Gymnastics

I finally managed to snap a few pictures of Kylie in her gymnastics class this morning. She still loves going to this class. And I love it because it wears her out and she always takes a long nap after we are done.

The class usually starts out with some sort of floor activity or obstacle course. Kylie loves any activity that involves her climbing on or over things.


Then at some point in the class, the kids move to the Tumble Track. It is a long narrow trampoline that they can jump, run and tumble on.


Then after the Tumble Track, the kids work on the balance beams, rings and bars. All of this requires the parent to be the spotter, so the kids don't fall. So needless to say I don't have any pictures of that, but Kylie LOVES doing the rings and hanging from the bars. She's a little monkey. And yes, sometimes she even makes monkey sounds while we are working on the bars. It's kind of comical because some of the other kids in her class are so serious and they just look at her like they have no idea what's she doing.

The kids also use balance beams of different sizes. Some are floor level, and this one is actual regulation size like they use in the Olympics. In this one, Kylie's teacher is helping her across.




In addition to all this they also sing songs in class and do other activities and games to build coordination and balance. It's a fun a class and I wish I had known about it when Delaney was small.

2 comments:

Grandma Barb said...

Looks like lots of fun!

Princess Heather said...

Kylie looks so happy. what a fun place.