Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Funday

Today was Chris' company picnic. Delaney seriously looks forward to this event all year.

As soon as we got to the picnic, Delaney had her face painted. I thought she was a butterfly but I was just informed that she was a Princess. My bad...


Then Delaney was very excited to try out the Euro Bungy. Delaney has wanted to do this activity in the past, but this is the first time she actually weighed enough to do it. She loved bouncing on this thing. She went on it about 4 times over the course of the afternoon.





There was a big bounce house and a giant bouncy slide at the picnic also. Delaney and Kylie both thought these were great.


The picnic also had a pony to ride, which both girls also loved.





I know Kylie is sort of scowling in all these pictures but she was the Pony Ride Queen at the picnic. She rode that pony six times. And had to be pulled away from him crying at the end of the day. She loved him!



And yes, she kept saying "Yee Haw" the whole time she was on the horse.


They also had a small petting zoo with a few rabbits, chickens and goats. Delaney LOVED this white rabbit. (Too bad it was kind of shy, and really wanted nothing to do with her!)



And Kylie loved all the animals. She kept following them around and "talking" to them. She also caused a huge crying scene when the petting zoo closed at the end of the picnic because she wanted to spend more time with her new animal friends.




We ran into Arti the Artichoke.


And Delaney tried out the rock climbing wall. I am very proud of her because she made it to the top on her first try!



Then after Delaney had so much fun on the climbing wall, Daddy had to give it a try too!





And Chris even played in a "three legged" soccer game. (That's him below in the orange vest. It's not the best picture but I decided to post it anyway)


We all had a fun time and once again Delaney won't be able to wait until next year's picnic.

3 comments:

Grandma Barb said...

Looks like a fun afternoon! You're going to have to get more pets since you have a couple of girls who I'm sure think that they need more.

Princess Heather said...

Those bunnies look so soft. What a fun company picnic. I think I would be less stressed if my company would have a picnic which included a petting zoo. :)

Melissa said...

Barb,
You are right, all they can talk about are the animals. Delaney has decided she no longer wants a hamster and now wants a bunny. And Kylie just keeps saying pony, pony, yee-haw!

Heather,
I knew you would enjoy the bunny petting zoo. :)