Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fun Memorial Day!

Yesterday we took Delaney to Gilroy Gardens
Gilroy Gardens is a horticultural theme park and all the rides are shaped like plants, fruits, vegetables and animals.

Shamefully, this was our first visit to the park. I have always heard what a great place the park is to take kids to and I don't know why we waited so long to visit since it is so close to our house.

We had a great time at the park but for some reason we didn't take a lot of pictures.


Here is Kylie enjoying Gilroy Gardens. She got to ride in her stroller like a big girl instead of being stuck in her infant seat. She had a great time people watching.


Chris and Delaney had fun on the artichoke ride.


Chris and Delaney also had a blast on the Quicksilver Express roller coaster. They rode it about 10 times since there was no line. I know you can't really see them in this picture but I placed a green arrow to show you where they were sitting.


Chris and Delaney also got a birds eye view of the park by riding the monorail.


By this point in the day, Delaney is having so much fun she can't wait to come back.


All four of us had fun riding the train around the park.


Kylie thought the train was great. (Please ignore the massive amount of spit up on her bib!)


Then Delaney and I hit up a few rides while Chris and Kylie waited for us.



(Note to self: I should take off my glasses for pictures. I look like a dork!)

Delaney loved this little kids carousel because she got to wait in line by herself and get on and off the ride by herself with no adult help.


And lastly here are Delaney and I on the spinning garlic ride. I know this isn't the greatest picture but I decided to post it because I have a feeling Delaney will never ride it again. About half way through the ride she started turning green and I spent a lot of time praying for the ride to end soon, so she didn't get sick on me. Luckily the ride stopped and she was fine.


There are many other fun rides we rode at Gilroy Gardens but I just didn't get any pictures of them. Although I'm sure you will be seeing more pictures of us at Gilroy Gardens this summer because we got season passes. We can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

Grandma Barb said...

Times sure have changed since the last time I was there. It used to be Bonfante Gardens and there were no rides, just beautiful gardens. This looks like much more fun. Guess I'll have to go back someday.

Melissa said...

Barb,
You will have to go back with us this summer. It was a lot of fun!