Thursday, June 2, 2011

Olympic Day

Delaney's school held an Olympic Day this week. And Kylie and I and stopped by to take some pictures. I took a million pictures at Olympic Day but when I downloaded them I realized they all looked the same. So I'll just post a few and not bore you with lots of repetitive pictures!

Each class was assigned a country to represent in the "Olympics." Delaney's class was assigned Scotland because her teacher is going on vacation to Scotland this summer. Delaney's class then decorated t-shirts to show they represented the country of Scotland. Their shirts have the Scottish flag on them, the Scottish thistle and their initials.


The older kids competed in more advanced "Olympic" type games while the kindergartners just got to do some fun outdoor activities that were more geared to their age group.

Here is Delaney in a relay race where she had to run with a plastic egg on a spoon.


Potato Sack Races...



Passing a Hula Hoop...


And playing with a giant parachute. (Delaney is on the left below the green arrow)


(And there were a few other activities that I didn't manage to get pictures of!)

After Delaney's class competed in all the events, they got to enjoy some popsicles. I'm not sure how much they enjoyed them though, because it was freezing cold outside!


And lastly, this little lady loved watching Olympic Day and get lots of attention from her big sister's friends.

3 comments:

Princess Heather said...

What a fun day. I love that the classes represent different countries. Cool way to learn about geography and culture AND have fun and be fit.

Melissa said...

I thought it was a fun event too. Only Delaney kept forgetting what country she represented. She kept thinking her class represeneted Kenya, which is a lot culturally different than Scotland! :)

Princess Heather said...

Ha, that is funny. Yep quite a bit different. Oh well, she's five. And really, how many five year olds even know that there is a country called Kenya in the first place. I think she is a genius and I can tell Kylie is too.