Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Kindergarten End of Year Program

Yesterday was Delaney's last day of school. The kindergartners put on a program were they sang 17 songs to their families. Grandma Barb and Grandpa Don came down to watch the concert with Chris, Kylie and I.

My pictures aren't the greatest because we weren't super close to the stage. And I also had to crop the pictures funny to cut out peoples heads and arms that were sitting in front of us. Anyway, here are a few of the concert, Delaney is in the front row in the green and white check dress.





And for the finale of the show, the kids got to sing and dance with these black top hats on.




After the show, we all went back to Delaney's class for an awards ceremony. During this ceremony, Delaney received a certificate for completing Kindergarten, so in some ways it was sort of like a graduation ceremony.

Here is Delaney receiving a necklace and a certificate for all the books she read this year outside of class. She received charms for her necklace based on the number of pages she read.




Delaney also received a portfolio of all the work she did this year.


And she also received awards for having perfect attendance in both the 1st and 3rd quarters of school.


And in addition to that, Delaney also received a necklace and certificate for running over 35 miles this year at school. Her necklace has little feet charms on it to show how many miles she ran. (For some reason, I didn't get a picture of that!)

And here's a few bonus pictures of Delaney and Kylie taken on Monday afternoon.


And I promise, Kylie isn't being harmed in this picture. She was giggling the whole time!


And in true summer form, it's after 9am on the first day of summer vacation and Delaney is still asleep! Good thing we don't have any plans today.

2 comments:

Princess Heather said...

Yay for Delaney. How awesome is it that she got all those things, I bet it really motivates kids to like school. And at that young of an age, that is good thing I think. I am still devestated by my Kindergarten report card which said something like..."Heather doesn't know how to skip, doesn't know her left from her right, is bossy and doesn't listen to instructions." :)

Melissa said...

HA Heather! That is funny. If it makes you feel any better, Delaney is also incredibly bossy and doesn't listen to instructions!