Since today is Earth Day, I thought it would be a good time to share I am in the beginning stages of starting to cloth diaper Kylie. I know it may seem crazy but it sort of bothers me how many diapers we go through on a daily basis and how diapers aren't biodegradable.
I haven't bought enough cloth diapers yet to cloth diaper full time but we are testing the waters so to say. There are a lot of different kinds of cloth diapers and brands, so we are still trying to find what works best for us!
I was a cloth diapered baby myself and my Mom survived it so I'm assuming we will be able to also. And after all, cloth diapers have come a long way since then. They are very cute and functional now.
And now for your viewing pleasure here are some pictures of Kylie...
(Delaney is on Spring Break and spent last Saturday until Wednesday in San Jose with Grandma Barb and Grandpa Don, so that's why I only have pictures to share of Kylie this week)
Kylie is finally big enough to enjoy her Bumbo seat now...
And speaking of cloth diapers coming a long way since I was a baby, many other baby products have changed in just the 5 years since Delaney was born. If I didn't already have the Bumbo, I might buy this Summer Infant Super Seat. It comes apart and functions as a baby infant positioner like the Bumbo, then you can add the toy trays to create a baby activity center and then later on it becomes a booster seat that attaches to a chair.
Pretty fun, huh?
Now back to Kylie...
Kylie also loves to sit in Daddy's big chair when he's not home.
And here she is fresh and clean from a bath...
Have a nice Earth Day everyone!


4 comments:
Happy Earth day to you too! I think its cool that you are going to try out cloth diapers. I don't think I could do it. Do they still have diaper services that will come and pick them up, wash them, and bring them back?
Heather,
There isn't a cloth diaper service that comes into my town so I'll have to wash them myself. But everyone I have talked to that already cloth diapers their kids says that you get used to washing them and it doesn't bother you anymore.
I would love to know what you find that works best, I have been looking around on the internet to try to find out what is the best way to go, but it is so hard to tell. I also hate the horrible waste with disposable ones!
Melissa,
I will let you know as I learn more about cloth diapering. Right now we are using Fuzzi Bunz diapers and they do seem to be working well for us. The only reason we are using that brand is because I got them on a really good sale. I am currently trying to decide what brand I want to try next. I think I may buy a diaper or two from some of the other brands to see if I like them any better.
Post a Comment