I'll admit it, I have been terrible about updating my blog lately.
The weekend after Delaney's birthday, Grandma Peggy and Grandpa Harry came down to celebrate with their favorite 5 year old. We had a cute Cinderella cake and took a trip to Build A Bear and I have no pictures to show for it.
During the visit I did manage to steal some pictures off Grandma Peggy's camera of our short 24 hour trip to Yuba City in August to go to the fair. We almost didn't make it to the fair this year but we where able to head North for a short little trip at the last minute.
Delaney loves riding all the rides at the fair and is so happy that Grandpa Harry was able to get her a VIP Ride Wristband that allows her unlimited use of all the rides for free...
After riding the rides forever in extreme heat, we finally managed to get Delaney to go look at the kids exhibit area.
Delaney especially loved one of the exhibits that turned her picture kaleidoscope like.
Finally we hit up the pony ride...
Then it was back to the carnival for a few more rides before we spent the evening at a mud bog. (And, if you aren't aware what a mud bog is, it is probably because you are a little higher class than us).
Once the trucks started up at the mud bog, mud was flying every where. Delaney devised a plan to duck for cover between her cute cousins Dana and Alisa.
Sadly, Delaney's plan didn't work and she ended up covered in mud. Delaney was hysterical over this development and being the "Good" Mom that I am, I managed to snap a picture of her mess on my iPhone before Grandma Peggy got the majority of mud off her. Unfortunately I took this picture after half the mud had already been cleaned off her. I sort of wish I thought to snap a picture right away of her and all her muddy glory.
So there you have it, pictures from the fair that are only a little over a month late.
Oh, and just in case you were wondering... I don't think Delaney really has any desire to attend any more mud bogs in the future.
Edited to Add: Click here if you are just dying to know what a mud bog is and have no idea.
Edited to Add: Click here if you are just dying to know what a mud bog is and have no idea.










3 comments:
I would have been upset about the mud too. Especially if it got on such a cute shirt as what Delaney is wearing. You are a good Mom for standing in the heat so your cute daughter could ride the rides. I am not sure I could do it, since we all know how much I enjoy being hot. ;)
Loved the pictures. I didn't realize you took a picture of Delaney with mud on your face. I thought we missed it. To bad you didn't get on in all her glory.
Looks like the fair was lots of fun; but where were the animals? I always thought that was the reason you'd go to a fair. But, I do know how Delaney likes carnival rides so maybe that answers the question. Thanks for finally sharing some of the pictures.
Post a Comment