Friday, September 24, 2010

"6"

Dakota turned 6 a couple of days ago. But she's been a naughty girl this week, so I didn't post about her birthday sooner.

Like always, Delaney was insistent that we buy Dakota several birthday presents that included some rawhide bones, dog treats, a new toy and a new Kong. And of course Dakota, loved getting all her presents.

Dakota went to town chewing on her new bone right away. It was kind of funny because she made sure position her new toy right in front of her while she was chewing. I guess she was concerned we might try and take it.


Oh, and just in case you were wondering why Dakota was such a naughty girl this week... she chewed up Delaney's soccer shin guards on the day of soccer practice. Which caused me to have to drive 30 miles and go to 3 stores before I found a new pair in Delaney's size. And well after that happened I debated putting Dakota up for adoption until I realized no one else would want her.

And luckily today, Dakota is being a pretty sweet girl. So I guess I can sort of forgive her now (or at least forget how mad I was for awhile).

1 comment:

Grandma Barb said...

Glad to see that Dakota wasn't given up for adoption, especially on her birthday! Looks like she's a pretty spoiled girl. Happy Birthday, Dakota. I hope that you wished that you could become a more well behaved animal so that you won't be shipped out.