Saturday, September 11, 2010

First Soccer Game...

Delaney survived her first soccer game this morning.

Here she is warming up with her team.


Practicing how to score a goal...


This isn't the best picture but due an ordering error none of teams got their uniforms until this morning right before the game. Delaney very carefully selected hers and wanted to be the number "8" since 8 and 88 are Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s car numbers in Nascar. I think Chris was so proud of her because of this decision.


Getting to kick the ball into the actual game...


More of the actual game, Delaney is the 2nd yellow player in from the right.


More of the game, this time Delaney is the player on the farthest left side of the picture...


After the game huddle...

(Delaney's on the left)


Since Delaney is playing in the under 6 soccer league, they don't have goalies or keep score at the games. But it's fairly safe to say that Delaney's team lost big time.

Oh well, at least Delaney had fun and is looking forward to playing again next weekend.

2 comments:

Grandma Barb said...

Sure looks like Delaney had fun. I'm glad that she chose number 8 to wear so that her Daddy will always be able to find her. Do the girls all run in a pack during the whole game? I like the yellow uniforms; but I bet Delaney would have been happier with the pink ones! Thanks for posting so many good pictures of the first soccer game!

Melissa said...

Barb,

Yes all the girls seemed to run in a pack the whole game. And sometimes Delaney was in the front and sometimes the back. I'm not quite sure if she always knew what was going on.

And I like the yellow uniforms too. The colors are randomly assigned and the coach actually didn't know until last night that we got yellow. A few practices ago Delaney's team decided they wanted their team name to be the Cheetah Girls. Well after all the parents saw the uniform, we tried to convince them to change their name to the Bumblebees but they didn't like that idea. So they are still the Cheetah Girls. And luckily Delaney didn't seem too upset the other team ended up with pink jerseys.