Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Party

Today was Delaney's class Valentine's Party at school. She has been sick all week with a fever and a runny nose and I have been thinking for the last couple of days she might have to miss her party. She was so sick that she missed swimming and school earlier in the week (which is unheard of for her). And on Wednesday her class to took a field trip to a nursing home to hand out Valentine's and Delaney had to stay home since she had a fever. She was devastated she had to miss the field trip, because she has been looking forward to it all month. Needless to say I had a feeling she might have to stay home and miss the party today. Luckily her fever went away and I was able to take her back to school.

I took a lot of pictures for her class yearbook at the party today, but most of them are on the school camera so I don't have them to share. But here is one I did take at school with my camera, while Delaney was working on a craft. (You can tell she has been sick in these pictures because she looks super pale!)




Delaney was exhausted after we got home from school but did manage to sort of pose with the mailbox she made in school to store all her Valentine's in.




And last but not least here is Delaney being silly with some fun little things that Aunt Melissa and Uncle Tim sent her for Valentine's Day!



I just realized when I looked at this picture again that she has her new cool "lips" whistle upside down.

We hope everyone has a nice weekend and a very Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

1 comment:

Grandma Peggy said...

Poor Delaney, you can tell she doesn't feel her best. I'm glad she got to go to her school party. I might have to mail her the little surprise I found at Target today. Love Mom