Monday, February 22, 2010

Half Birthday Celebration

Delaney's Half Birthday is on this Friday.

And since her real birthday fell over the summer before school started, we had a half birthday celebration for Delaney at school today.

Here are Delaney and her teacher after her class sang her a birthday song and read her a birthday poem. (Delaney picked out her own outfit today. She is wearing a very special Princess Tiana dress that Grandma Barb and Grandpa Don gave her for Valentine's Day).




Then a little bit later in the day, we had a birthday snack of cupcakes.

Please excuse my appearance because I am still sick. And due to the fact that I didn't feel well all weekend, we took the easy way out and brought store bought cupcakes since I didn't feel like baking. And to be honest I actually think the kids liked the store bought ones better because they put Princess Rings on the cupcakes for the girls and Kung Fu panda rings on the ones for the boys.



And I seriously have no idea where she is looking in this picture...







All in all, Delaney had a great half birthday celebration because she's not shy and I think she sort of enjoys being the center of attention. And now she can't wait for her real birthday. Only 6 more months to go!

1 comment:

Grandma Peggy said...

Loved the half birthday celebration pictures. It looks like Delaney had a ball. Give her my love.