After we got to Moss Landing and parked the car we took a little walk to look at some of the boats in the harbor.
We also discovered a float full of sea lions (at least I think they were sea lions and not seals). Delaney was in heaven. She could have sat and watched these guys for hours.

There isn't a lot in Moss Landing except a few restaurants and several antique shops. We decided to eat a restaurant today called, Phil's Fish Market. It is totally a tourist hot spot. People come from all over to eat at Phil's. And as you can probably guess by the name it is a restaurant with a fresh fish market inside. It is also really well known because it has been featured on one of Bobby Flay's shows on the Food Network.
Now to be perfectly honest, I have eaten at Phil's before and I wasn't that impressed. But I think I may havechanged my mind a litte bit because all of the food we ordered this time was really good.
And Delaney loved eating there because of the fish market. Just like with the seals, she could have sat and watched the lobster tanks for hours. And she also told the story repeatedly about how some lobsters on Catalina tried to eat her bean burrito last Thanksgiving.
After eating lunch we tried to take some pictures outside but Delaney like always, didn't really want her picture taken.

When it was time to have her picture taken with me, Delaney refused to look directly at the camera.
And she didn't really cooperate to have her picture taken with Grandpa Harry or Grandma Peggy either.
After lunch at Phil's we decided to walk back and check on the sea lions we found earlier. They were still lounging on the same float we saw them on earlier, only this time the sea lions had a little company.

There were now fisherman at work on the boat directly behind the seals. They appeared to be hoisting up one of their giant fishing nets. It's wasn't as exciting as watching Deadliest Catch on tv, but never the less it was still kind of fun to see people working on a real commercial fishing vessel.
There was also a super cute chocolate lab hanging out on the back of this boat. And if you look closely you may be able to see him this picture. Every time one of the sea lions would make their arfing noises, he would bark at them. It was kind of cute and totally reminded me of Dakota.

2 comments:
That looks like it was alot of fun. How many minutes/hours did it take to get there? I want to go sometime when I come to visit. I adore fresh fish and seafood. I crave it all the time. If fact I am making halibut for dinner tonight. Yummm.
Heather,
It's about 40 minutes from our house. It's kind of neat place to go but I also know great places to get seafood in Monterey, and it's about the same distance away. Or we could always visit both when you come to visit someday.
Post a Comment