Sunday, June 14, 2009

New Years Resolution Update



So if you remember back in January, I made a New Year's resolution to read 24 books this year. I figured this was doable because it only amounted to 2 books a month for the entire year.

Well I was just was looking at my Shelfari account and it's only June and I have already read 24 books. I really didn't think I would accomplish my New Year's resolution so early because I go through spurts where I read a lot and I go through periods were Delaney seems to do just about everything to keep me from reading at all.

Since I've already accomplished my New Year's Resolution, I think I am going to try and continue to read 2 books a month for the rest of the year.

I also think I am going to go back and read some of the classic children's books I read growing up. For some reason lately I have had a desire to go back and read books again like Island of the Blue Dolphins, and Sarah, Plain and Tall. Maybe if I start now can work my way through all the children's classics I loved growing up by the time Delaney is old enough to read them herself.

No comments: