Friday, June 26, 2009

Did you know that today is Take Your Dog to Work Day? This fun day was started in 1999 as to way to celebrate Man's Best Friend and to encourage people to adopt from Humane Societies and Animal Shelters.



Sadly, my special friend Dakota does not get to partake in this neat event. Apparently taking a dog to work on a farm is now a big no-no thanks to all the new food safety standards that went to affect after the 2006 Spinach E Coli outbreak.


Maybe some day I'll have a real job again, and get to take Dakota to work with me on Take Your Dog to Work Day. But until then, I'm sure Dakota is just as happy that I get to stay home with her and Delaney all day everyday.

To read more on Take Your Dog to Work Day CLICK HERE!

5 comments:

Grandma Barb said...

Somehow I just can't picture Dakota going to work with anyone or being allowed into any business type of environment!

Melissa said...

You know I kind of agree with you. I guess I can just dream that I have dog that is well behaved enough that I could take it to work with me someday.

Grandma Barb said...

Delaney is impressed to see a picture of her dog. Delaney said to say thanks for sending this picture to us.

Princess Heather said...

I would be afraid to take Dakota to work with me, as cute as she is, she would probably want to slobber all over the visiting executives. :)

She is a beautiful dog though.

We used to have a lady who brought her pomeranian to work every day, and it just sat there on the desk completely still. When I first saw it, I though it was a stuffed animal until it sneezed. It was startling.

Melissa said...

Heather,

Yes, Dakota would not be a good dog to take around people you need to impress like executives at work.

And I'm very sad that you haven't updated your blog lately. I heard Kate got married. Are you going to post pictures of that???