Friday, June 19, 2009

Another Visit to the Aquarium

Grandma Peggy and Grandpa Harry are visiting this weekend so we decided to stop by the Monterey Bay Aquarium this morning. We have been avoiding the aquarium lately because they just opened a new seahorse exhibit, and any time they open a new exhibit, the crowds are terrible.

The sea horse exhibit was really nice. They have all kinds of seahorses, and it was pretty unbelievable to look at some of them. Unfortunately, I didn't get any great pictures of the seahorses.

Also, Delaney wasn't really in the mood to have her picture taken today so all I have to show you are a few snarly pictures of her. Although she did come across this seahorse and thought it was pretty special, so she sort of cooperated for a picture...



And even though she had no desire to get her picture taken, Delaney's a huge fan of the aquarium. We try to visit it as much as possible and she loves all the kids areas. Here's Delaney trying on some fins, to see what's it is like to be a fish...



Every time we go to the aquarium, I try to get a picture of Delaney in this giant clam they have in one of the children's areas. Today she was not amused by the fact that I wanted to take a picture of her in the giant clam...



She hasn't always been so picky about the giant clam.

Just for fun here is a picture of her in the clam when she was around 1 year old...



And to top it off, it was actually a beautiful day on the Monterey Bay today. It started out a little cloudy, but by lunch time the sun had broke through the clouds and it warmed up. Here's Delaney checking out a view of the bay from one of the aquarium's observation decks...



And after all that excitement at the aquarium, we headed over to Fisherman's Wharf for lunch. Delaney decided at that point she wanted her picture taken and requested to have it taken with the Old Fisherman stationed outside of Rappa's Restaurant at the end of the Wharf. She still wasn't in a smiley mood but I guess this picture is better than nothing.


Then after the excitement of playing around the Old Fisherman at the Wharf, we called it a day and headed home.

1 comment:

Grandma Barb said...

Sounds like a really fun day! I can't wait to see those seahorses myself. I think that those pictures of Delaney are cute and especially those in the clam shell at various ages.