Saturday, May 16, 2009

Santa Cruz

Grandma Peggy and Grandpa Harry came to visit this weekend so we could have a belated Mother's Day celebration. Since it has been very warm here on the central coast, we decided to head on over to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk today. Delaney's still too short to ride on most of the rides there but she had a great time checking everything out including the arcade and playing on the beach.



Here are Delaney and her Grandparents checking out the boardwalk...




Here I am checking out a pirate near the indoor miniature golf course. Delaney was a party pooper and wouldn't get in the picture with me...


Here's Delaney checking out one of those impossible to win arcade games...


After checking out the boardwalk, we hit the beach. Delaney was in heaven. It was 9o degrees outside but the water was still icy cold, which of course didn't bother Delaney at all...



I didn't take an abundance of pictures on the beach because I didn't want my camera to get wet from all of Delaney's splashing in the waves. We had a hard time prying Delaney away from the water and the only reason she even agreed to leave was because she knows that she gets to go to Catalina soon and play on the beach there.

And here's a bonus picture of Delaney helping Grandma Peggy open her Mother's Day gifts.

2 comments:

Grandma Barb said...

Sure looks like a fun day at the beach. I laughed when I saw the picture of Delaney with the stuffed animal machine after the video I sent to you! You were really brave to go over to Santa Cruz on a hot Saturday, it must have been crowded. That water looks cold even in the pictures. Glad you had a great time.

Melissa said...

Yeah, we were brave to go to Santa Cruz today. We ended up leaving as soon as it got really crowded.