Thursday, May 10, 2012

Scooting to School...

Today is Bike to School/Work Day. So Delaney took part in the action by riding her scooter to school.


Sadly, the area between our house and Delaney's school is fairly rural. There aren't any sidewalks, and not much of a shoulder to ride your bike on.  I didn't really feel safe attempting to let Delaney bike from our house to school (plus it's sort of a long distance to attempt with a 6 year old). So instead, I drove to a shopping center that is a little over half a mile away from Delaney's school and we went from there. I was feeling a little guilty about it since what I did sort of defeats the premise of "biking" to school or work. But luckily, once we parked I noticed at least 10 other people doing the same thing. And most of them commented they also lived a little too far to bike the whole way to school. Regardless though, Delaney got to ride her scooter to school and thought it was great fun. I on the other hand practically had to run pushing Kylie's stroller to keep up with her. I certainly got a work out this morning!

2 comments:

Princess Heather said...

That is a fun idea. But I can see why you wouldn't want her to go all that way from your house to the school. Plus there is a busy road to cross isn't there?

Melissa said...

Yes, Heather she would have to cross a busy road. Which is another reason we didn't bike from our house.