Monday, January 9, 2012

New Years on the Magic Isle

A few days before New Years we headed over to Catalina Island. We spent the New Year's holiday on the Island and then traveled to Disneyland a few days later to celebrate Kylie's 1st birthday. Here are some random pictures from our trip to Catalina.

When we are on Catalina, we like to take a long walk every morning. This also involves Delaney stopping to buy a doughnut every morning at the doughnut shop. This time Kylie got to try her very first Catalina doughnut. She liked the doughnut but wasn't quite sure what to do with it!



The Christmas decorations where still up all around Catalina, so we walked around and checked those out. If you look very closely at the tree you might be able to spot Paddington.


Delaney, Paddington and the Buffalo outside of Antonio's restaurant...



There is a large rock jetty at the entrance to Avalon Harbor with a little lighthouse at the end. Delaney has always wanted to walk out to the end of the jetty, and this year Chris finally decided that Delaney was old enough to go. I love this picture of their silhouettes as they were walking back to land.


Delaney and Daddy walking home from the Casino together...




We had some really foggy weather this trip. I love this eerie picture I took as the fog covered the sun one day on the Island.



They put a little bowling alley in the arcade on the Island that uses small bowling balls. Delaney had so much fun bowling, she had to go bowling twice while we were on the Island.






And this trip was also the first time Kylie got to ride in the golf cart. She loved cruising around and checking everything out.



And for some reason I have no New Year's Eve pictures on my camera. I know that Barb took some, so maybe I can "borrow" some from her to post later!


Stay tuned for Disneyland and Kylie's 1st birthday pictures!!!

1 comment:

Princess Heather said...

I like that foggy picture alot! You should frame it. Very nice.

Also, that picture of you and Chris is really great.

Looks like you had some nice weather and that you had a good time. I don't think I have ever seen what the house looks like. Do you have any pictures of the Cataline house from the front? We need a pictoral house tour sometime.